Relationships are critical in B2B markets. That’s why every B2B organisation should have a customer journey map.
A customer journey map visually depicts every step a buyer in your target market follows across the buying cycle. Such a customer journey map:
- Details the full journey – the trigger to purchase, the buying decision, the experience as a customer and the defection/lapsing process
- Within each step of the journey, details every interaction a customer has with your organisation and other parties (e.g. competitors)
- Indicates the importance of each interaction in shaping customer perceptions, influencing the buying decision and creating customer satisfaction/loyalty
- Establishes customers’ goals with each interaction and how they define an excellent and terrible experience
- Measures your organisation’s performance at every step of the journey
A customer journey map like this is a valuable tool in many respects and will help a broad spectrum of stakeholders within your organisation to enhance their performance. For example, key benefits of a customer journey map include the following: